Evaluation of different insecticides for the management of aphid (Shizaphis graminum Rond.) on Triticum aestivum L.
The International Journal of Global Sciences (TIJOGS)
Ayesha Anwar1†, Ali Khan2†*, Kanwal Zahra3, Kiaenat Nazir4 Muhammd Ali1, Muhammad Umair Gulzar1,
1Department of Entomology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
2Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
3Institute of Pharmacy, Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Department of Zoology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
*Corresponding author’s email: email@example.com
|Jul 01,2019||Aug 26,2019||Sep 01,2019|
2019 / Vol: 2 / Issue: 3
The planned study was conducted with the objectives to find efficacy of three insecticides against aphid (Shizaphis graminum Rond.) on wheat. Four wheat cultivars i.e. Galaxy-2013, Punjab-2011, Ujala-2016 and Sehar-2006 were sown under randomized complete block design (RCBD) in last week of November, 2018 with net plot size (1.2m×8m) at entomological research Area University of agriculture, Faisalabad. The treatments were T1=thiamethoxam, T2=imidacloprid, T3=carbosulfan, T4=acetamaprid and T5=control. Recommended agronomic practices were carried out during experiment. Data regarding efficacy were recorded 1, 2, 7 and 14 days after application. All four insecticides were effective and reduced aphid population significantly; however, imidacloprid proved to be the most effective with minimum aphid population (1.25 aphids per plant) and maximum percent mortality (97.13%).
- Atwal, A.S. and G, S. Dahliwal, 1998. Insect pests of Sauth Asia, p: 487. Kaiyant Publishers, Ludhiana, India.
- Avis, T.J., V. Gravel, H. Antoun and R.J. Tweddell, 2008. Multifaceted beneﬁcial effects of rhizosphere microorganisms on plant health and productivity. Soil Biol. Biochem., 40: 1733−1740.
- Bowling, R.W., G.E. Wlide and D. Margolies, 1998. Relative fitness of greenbug (Homoptera: Aphididae) biotypes E and I on Sorghum, Wheat, Rye and Barley. J. Econ. Entomol., 91: 1219–23.
- Khan, A.A., Arif, M.Tahir, M.Afzal, A. Khaliq, S. Yar Khan and I.Raza 2011. Effect of wheat cultivars on aphids and their predator populations. Afric. J. Biotech., 10(80): 18399-18402.
- Kuroli, G. and L Nemeth, 1987. Aphid species occurring on winter wheat, their damage and results of control experiments. Neveryuedelem, 23: 385-394.
- Rebbinge, R., E.M. Dress, M. Graaf, F. C.M. Verbemce and A. Wesselo, 1981. Damage effects of cereal aphids in wheat. Netherlander J. PI. Pathol., 87:217-232.
- Shrivastava, B., S. Thakur, Y.P. Khasa, A. Gupte, A.K. Puniya and R.C. Kuhad. 2010. White-rot fungal conversion of wheat straw to energy rich cattle feed. Biodegradation. (DOI: 10. 1007/s10532-010-9408-2).
- Tabasum, S., I.R. Noorka, M. Afzal and A. Ali, 2012. Screening best adopted wheat lines against aphid (Schizaphis graminum Rondani) population. Pak. Entomol., 34(1): 51-53.
- Trdan, S. and L. Mileroj, 1999. The cereal aphid (Sitobion avenae T.) wheat pest. Sodobno Kmetijstvo, 32: 119–28.