The International Journal of Global Sciences (TIJOGS)
Muhammad Tahir Khalil1, Ishrat Fatima2, Faheem Abbas3, Muhammad Usman Tahir3
1New campus chemistry laboratory center, Zhengzhou university 203 College of Chemistry
& Molecular Engineering, Zhengzhou University No.100 science Avenue Zhengzhou ,
Henan, P.R, China
2Department of physics, Islamia University Bahawalpur
3Department of chemistry, university of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
*Corresponding author’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Jul 12,2019||Sep 22,2019||Oct 13,2019|
2019 / Vol: 2 / Issue: 4
Biological based polymers are defined as polymers made from biological source. Some of these polymers are formed directly as polymers in the producing organism such as micro-organism, plants or algae while others are made by ex vivo from biological-based monomers. The simplest starch-based polymers, cellulose, are known and extensively used for centuries. However the use of these novel compounds was limited to a few applications such as packing, textiles, and construction. In recent years, advanced in chemical processing and biotechnology have led to allow the production of new biological-based polymers like polyhydroxyalkanoate and polylactic acid that have attracted the attention from many industrial players. Many people felt that these new bio-based polymers could potential to replace petroleum based polymers and help to solve some of the most urgent problems caused by the excessive use of the petroleum based polymers like water and soil pollution, harmful influence to human health, and excessive on oil. However others believe that biologically based polymers deficiencies, both in the economic and technically, prevents their rapid adoption in the near future.
1.Abdel, F., A. Alzahrany. and M. Hamed. 2011. Experimental validation of upward electrospinning process. ISRN Nanotechnology, 65:85-95.
- Balamurugan, R. and S. Sundarrajan. 2011. Recent trends in nanofibrous membranes and their suitability for air and water filtrations. Membranes, 1:232-248.
- Bhardwaj, N. and S. Kundu. 2010. Electrospinning a fascinating fiber fabricationtechnique. Biotechnology Advances, 28:325-347.
- Cho, H. and T. Lee. 2013. Electrospun organic nano fiber electronics and photonics. Macromolecular materials and engineering, 298:475-486.
- Cooper, A., R. Oldinski. and H. Briers. 2013. Chitosan based Nanofibrous membranes for antibacterial filter applications. Carbohydrate Polymers, 92:254-259.
- Dartee, M. 2009. It's time to get to know your way around bioplastics. Plastics Technology, 18:654-678.
- Dong, B., O. Arnoult. and G. E. Wnek. 2009. Electrospinning of collagen Nanofibers scaffolds from benign solvents. Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 30:539-542.
- Eda, G. and S. Shivkumar. 2007. Bead-to-fiber transition in electrospun polystyrene. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 106:475-587.
- Evans, J. 2010. Bioplastics get growing. Plastics Engineering, 66:14-20.
- Fang, D. and Y. Liu. 2011. Effect of intermolecular interaction on electrospinning of sodium alginate. Carbohydrate Polymers, 85:276-279.
- Frenot, A. and M. W. Henriksson. 2012. Electrospinning of cellulose based Nanofibers. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 103:1473-1482.
- Frey, M. 2008. Electrospinning cellulose and cellulose derivatives. Polymer Reviews, 48:378-391.
- Greer, D. 2006. Plastic from plants not petroleum. Bio Cycle, 47:33-35.
- Haghi, A., Akbari. and M. Trends. 2007. In Electrospinning of natural nanofibers. Physical Status Solid, 4:1830-1834.
- Haider, S. and S .Y Park. 2009. Preparation of the electro spins chitosan nanofibers and their applications to the adsorption of Cu (II) and Pb (II) ions from an aqueous solution. Journal of membrane science, 328:90-96.
- Han, M., D. Shikawa. and T. Honda. 2010. Light-driven molecular switches in azobenzene self assembled of mono layer. Effect of molecular structure on reversible. Isomerization and Stable Cis State, 46:3598-3600.
- Inomata, I. 2010.The current status of bio plastics development in Japan. Bioplastics, 4:42-44.
- Jacobs, V., A. Patanaik. and R. D. Anandjiwala. 2011. Optimization of electrospinning parameters for chitosan nanofibers. Current Nano Science, 45:396-401.
- Jeong, S., I. Krebs. and M. Bunion. 2010. Electron spins alginate Nanofibers with controlled cell adhesion for tissue engineering. Macromolecular Bioscience, 10:934-943.
- John, M. and J. Anandjiwala. 2008. Chemical modification and characterization of natural fiber-reinforced composites. Polymer Composites, 29:187-207.
- Jung, U., M. Muller. and N. Fujimoto. 2010. Gap-mode SERS studies of azobenzene-containing self-assembled monolayers on Au (111). Colloid Interference Sciences 341:366-375.
- Landis, A.E. and S.A. Miller. 2007. Life cycle of the corn soybean agro ecosystem for bio based production. Environmental Science and Technology, 41:14-57.
- Lopez, J. and F.Vilaseca. 2012. Processing and properties of biodegradable composites based core fibers. Resources Conservation And Recycling, 59:38-42.
- Marques, G. and J. Renocret. 2010. Evaluation of the chemical composition of different non woody plant fibers used for pulp and paper manufacturing. The Open Agriculture, 4:93- 101.
- Masilela, N., P. Kleyi, Z. shentu. and G. Priniotakis. 2013. Photodynamic inactivation of staphylococcus aurous using low symmetrically substituted phthalocyanines supported on a polystyrene polymer fiber. Dyes and Pigments, 96:500-508.
- Mather, R. and R. Wardman. 2011. The Chemistry of textile fibers. Cambridge RSC Publishing, 32:345-350.
- Miller, S.A. and A.E. Landis. 2007. Environmental trade of biobased production. Environmental science and Technology, 6:41-51.
- Moon, S. and R. J. Farris. 2009. Electrospinning of heated gelatin sodium alginate-water solutions. Polymer Engineering and Science, 4:1616-1620.
- Morale, R. D. Pulido. and S. Ticas. 2009. The Brazilian bio plastics of cellulose. Bio plastic, 6:65-86.
- Murali, K. and A. V. Ratna. 2007. Tensile properties of elephant grass fiber reinforced polyester composites. Journal of materials science, 42:3266-3272.
- Mwaikamno, L.Y. 2009. Tensile Properties of alkalized jute fibers. Bioresearches, 4:566-588.
- Nagahiro, H., He, A. and J. Zheng. 2008. Effects of chain conformation and entanglement on the electrospinning of pure alginate. Bio Macromolecules, 9:1362-1365.
- Oksman, K. 2012. Nano celluloses and their use in composite materials. Polymer letters, 6:687- 688.
- Patanaik, A. and V. Jacobs. 2010. Performance evaluation of electron spins nanofibrous membrane. Journal of Membrane Science, 352:136-142.
- Philip, S. and T. Keshavarz. 2007. Polyhydroxyalkanoates.biodegradable polymers with a range of applications. Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 82:23-34.
- Queiroz, A. and F. Collares. 2010. The influence of electrospinning parameters on the structural morphology and diameter of electrospun Nanofibers. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 115:3130-3136.
- Ramakrishna, S., K. Fujiyama. and R. Ramaseshan. 2006. Electrospun nanofibers solving global issues. Materials Today, 9:40-50.
- Sandeep, S. and V. Alive. 2010. A review of experimental and modeling techniques to determine properties of biopolymer. Bio-Based Nano Composites, 103:475-587.
- Saquing, C., D. Tang. and B. Monian. 2013 .Alginate polyethylene oxide blends nanofibers and the role of the carrier polymer in electrospinning. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 52: 692-704.
- Shiramizu, M. and F.D.Toste. 2011. The dielsealder approach to solely biomass derived polyethylene terephthalate conversion of 2, 5 diethyl furan and acrolein into p-xylene. Bio Chemistry of a European Journal, 12:45-49.
- Son, B. and B.Y. Yeom. 2009. Antibacterial electrospun Chitosan and poly (vinyl alcohol) Nanofibers containing silver nitrate and titanium dioxide. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 111: 2892- 2899.
- Suganya, S., J. Venugopal, S. A. Mary, S. Ramakrishna. and B. Lakshmi. 2014. Aloe ver incorporated biomimetic nanofibrous scaffold. A regenerative approach for skin tissue engineering. Iranian Polymer Journal, 23:237-248.
- Tabone, M. and D. J. Cregg. 2010. Life cycle assessment and green design in polymers Environmental Science and Technology, 44:826-831.
- Teo, W., R. Inai. and S. Ramakrishna. 2011. Technological advances in electrospinning of Nanofibers. Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, 12:1-19.
- Thompson, R.C. and S.H. Swan. 2009. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B.Biological Sciences, 364:197-219.
- Thoppey, N., J. Bochinski. and L. Clarke. 2011. Edge electrospinning for high throughput production of quality nanofibers. Nanotechnology, 22:1-11.
- Thoppey, N. and M. Gogra. 2012. Effect of solution parameters on spontaneous jet formation and throughput in edge electrospinning from a fluid-filled bowl. Macromolecules, 45: 6527-6537.
- Tokiwa, Y., B. P. Calabria, C.U. Ugwu. and S. Aiba. 2014. Biodegradability of plastics. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 10:3722-3742.
- Wang, X., T. Yeh. and Z. Wang. 2014. Nanofiltration membranes prepared by interfacial polymerization on thin-film. Nanofibrous Composite of Polymer, 55:1358-1366.