The International Journal of Global Sciences (TIJOGS)
Muhammad Usman Tahir1, Faheem Abbas1*, Maimoona Tahira1, Hafiz Mohsin Shahzad1, Shahzad Sharif2,
Ali Raza Ayub1, Sania Rafique2, Habib Ullah2 & Muhammad Ziad1
1Department of chemistry, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
2Lahore Garrison University, Lahore, Pakistan
*Corresponding author: email@example.com
|Nov 12,2019||Dec 29,2019||Jan 12,2020|
2020 / Vol: 3 / Issue: 1
Manganese-Tin bimetallic materials are synthesized by various methods: Hydrothermal, Co-precipitation and Solvothermal methods. Products obtained from these methods are analyzed by using x-ray power diffractometry (XRD). Structural composition, purity of synthesized product is analyzed by x-ray diffraction. The characteristics of Crystal-like unit cell dimension, space group density, miller Indices are obtained from X-ray diffraction. The synthesized product was used in three applications: as a fuel additive, cement additive, and catalyst activity. The efficiency of fuel is checked by studying different parameters: fire point, flash point, cloud point, pour point, kinematics viscosity, specific gravity and calorific value. Synthesized materials are used as catalyst for the degradation of dye in aqueous medium. Catalytic degradation of dye is monitored at different concentration of catalyst and hydrogen peroxide. The mechanical properties are analyzed by studying various parameters such as thermal conductivity, ageing porosity, specific heat and thermal diffusivity.
- Alonso, D. M., et al. (2012). "Bimetallic catalysts for upgrading of biomass to fuels and chemicals." Chemical Society Reviews 41(24): 8075-8098.
- Aromal, S. A. and D. Philip (2012). "Green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using Trigonella foenum-graecum and its size-dependent catalytic activity." Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 97: 1-5.
- Chen, X., et al. (2011). Theranostic nanomedicine, ACS Publications.
- Friebel, D., et al. (2011). "Degradation of Bimetallic Model Electrocatalysts: An In Situ X‐Ray Absorption Spectroscopy Study." Angewandte Chemie International Edition 50(43): 10190-10192.
- Fu, J., et al. (2012). "Regulation of c-Myc and Bcl-2 induced apoptosis of human bronchial epithelial cells by zinc oxide nanoparticles." Journal of biomedical nanotechnology 8(4): 669-675.
- Gao, X., et al. (2004). "In vivo cancer targeting and imaging with semiconductor quantum dots." Nature biotechnology 22(8): 969.
- Kang, Y. and C. B. Murray (2010). "Synthesis and electrocatalytic properties of cubic Mn− Pt nanocrystals (nanocubes)." Journal of the American Chemical Society 132(22): 7568-7569.
- Lamdhade, G., et al. (2015). "SnO2 nanoparticles synthesis via liquid-phase co-precipitation technique." ADVANCED MATERIALS 6(8): 738-742.
- Lee, J.-H., et al. (2007). "Artificially engineered magnetic nanoparticles for ultra-sensitive molecular imaging." Nature medicine 13(1): 95.
- Li, W., et al. (2013). "Ag–Au bimetallic nanostructures: co-reduction synthesis and their component-dependent performance for enzyme-free H 2 O 2 sensing." Journal of Materials Chemistry A 1(24): 7111-7117.
- Liu, H., et al. (2012). "Hydrogenolysis of Glycerol to 1, 2‐Propanediol over Ru–Cu Bimetals Supported on Different Supports." CLEAN–Soil, Air, Water 40(3): 318-324.
- Liu, X., et al. (2012). "Palladium/tin bimetallic single-crystalline hollow nanospheres." Chemical Communications 48(11): 1683-1685.
- Nejati-Moghadam, L., et al. (2015). "Synthesis and characterization of SnO2 nanostructures prepared by a facile precipitation method." Journal of Nanostructures 5(1): 47-53.
- Nowak, T. E., et al. (2008). "Dynamic analysis of olecranon osteosyntheses--an in vitro comparison of two osteosynthesis systems." Biomedizinische Technik. Biomedical engineering 53(2): 86-90.
- Renzas, J. R., et al. (2011). "Rh 1− x Pd x nanoparticle composition dependence in CO oxidation by oxygen: catalytic activity enhancement in bimetallic systems." Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 13(7): 2556-2562.
- Sankar, M., et al. (2012). "Designing bimetallic catalysts for a green and sustainable future." Chemical Society Reviews 41(24): 8099-8139.
- Shankar, S. S., et al. (2004). "Rapid synthesis of Au, Ag, and bimetallic Au core–Ag shell nanoparticles using Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf broth." Journal of colloid and interface science 275(2): 496-502.
- Tao, F. F. (2012). "Synthesis, catalysis, surface chemistry and structure of bimetallic nanocatalysts." Chemical Society Reviews 41(24): 7977-7979.
- Tat, M. E. and J. H. Van Gerpen (1999). "The kinematic viscosity of biodiesel and its blends with diesel fuel." Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 76(12): 1511-1513.
- Vattikuti, S. P., et al. (2015). "Co-precipitation synthesis and characterization of faceted MoS 2 nanorods with controllable morphologies." Applied Physics A 119(3): 813-823.
- Wang, F. and X. Liu (2009). "Recent advances in the chemistry of lanthanide-doped upconversion nanocrystals." Chemical Society Reviews 38(4): 976-989.
- Wu, J., et al. (2010). "Truncated octahedral Pt3Ni oxygen reduction reaction electrocatalysts." Journal of the American Chemical Society 132(14): 4984-4985.
- Zhang, H., et al. (2011). "Nanocrystals composed of alternating shells of Pd and Pt can be obtained by sequentially adding different precursors." Journal of the American Chemical Society 133(27): 10422-10425.