Micro Wave Plasma Treatment of Zinc doped Barium ferrites nanoparticles synthesized by chemical co-precipitation technique
The International Journal of Global Sciences (TIJOGS)
Muhammad Junaid Tariq1*, Yusra Ali1, Sarfraz Iqbal1, Abdul Ahad Hussain1, Madiha Firdous1
1Department of Physics University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
*Corresponding author: email@example.com
|Jan 15,2020||Mar 27,2020||Apr 13,2020|
2020 / Vol: 3 / Issue: 1
There are various techniques to synthesize zinc doped barium ferrite nanoparticles. The previous literature shows that co- precipitation is considered extraordinary as compared to other techniques for synthesizing zinc doped barium ferrite nanoparticles. Zinc doped barium ferrite nanoparticles is a ferromagnetic material and has attracted attention in many fields such as electronics due to its multiple applications. In this research, co-precipitation method was used to synthesize Zinc doped Barium ferrite nanoparticles and followed by plasma treatment. The Barium chloride dehydrate (BaCl2.2H2), Zinc chloride (ZnCl2) and Ferric chloride (FeCl2) were used as the starting materials in the synthesis of ZnBaFe2O4. The aim of this technique was to evaluate and discuss the properties of untreated and plasma treated zinc doped barium ferrite nanoparticles. These samples were investigated by using different techniques like X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Ultra violet visible spectroscopy (UV-Vis) and Fourier Transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR). These techniques were used for the study of morphology of plasma treated and untreated nanoparticles and also used to elaborate the structural, chemical, and physical properties of the synthesized nanoparticles. Optical characterization was done by using UV-spectroscopy. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) was used to identify the organic, inorganic and polymeric material
- Suri, K. S., Annapoorni and P. R. Tandon. 2001. Synthesis of nano composites of Ni-Zn ferrite. Bull science matter, 24(1): 563.
- Rao, N.S., Ali, Z.A., Omar, H.M. and Halsey, J.H., 1974. Regional cerebral blood flow in acute stroke: Preliminary experience with the 133Xenon inhalation method. Stroke, 5(1), pp.8-12.
- Feynman, R.P., 1959, December. Plenty of Room at the Bottom. In APS annual meeting.
- Habib, G., Lancellotti, P., Antunes, M.J., Bongiorni, M.G., Casalta, J.P., Del Zotti, F., Dulgheru, R., El Khoury, G., Erba, P.A., Iung, B. and Miro, J.M., 2015. 2015 ESC guidelines for the management of infective endocarditis: the task force for the management of infective endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) endorsed by: European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS), the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM). European heart journal, 36(44), pp.3075-3128.
- Komaneni N. 1992. Ni-Zn ferrite powders by the microwave-hydrothermal method. Journal of applied chemistry, 2(1): 12.
- Shahraki, R. R, M. Ebrahimi, S. Ebrahimi and S. M Masoudpanah 2012. Structural characterization and magnetic properties of superparamagnetic zinc ferrite nanoparticles synthesized by the coprecipitation method. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 324(22), 3762-3765.
- Meng, Y. Y., M. H. He, Q. Zeng, D. L. Jiao, S. Shukla, R.V. Ramanujan and Z.W. Liu. 2014. Synthesis of barium ferrite ultrafine powders by a sol–gel combustion method using glycine gels. Journal of alloys and compounds, 583, 220-225.
- Yang, Z., C. S. Wang, X. H. Li and H. X. Zeng. 2002. (Zn, Ni, Ti) substituted barium ferrite particles with improved temperature coefficient of coercivity. Materials Science and Engineering: B, 90(1-2), 142-145
- Chen, Q., P. Du, W. Huang, L. Jin, W. Weng and G. Han. 2007. Ferrite with extraordinary electric and dielectric properties prepared from self-combustion technique. Applied physics letters, 90(13), 132907.
- Gao, D., Zhang, J., Yang, G., Zhang, J., Shi, Z., Qi, J., Zhang, Z. and Xue, D., 2010. Ferromagnetism in ZnO nanoparticles induced by doping of a nonmagnetic element: Al. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114(32), pp.13477-13481.